Relocation Expert | Owner Expats on the Move
Who is Sanne?
My name is Sanne, I was born in the Netherlands and live in Hoofddorp with my husband. I like to make trips all over the world, meet new people and share experiences. Others also describe me as; caring, empathetic, good conversation partner and organizational talent.
Before I started Expats on the Move I worked in real estate, mortgages and insurances for more than 12 years as a NVM certified and registered real estate agent. Because of my experience in real estate I know what’s involved when it comes to moving house / relocating to the Netherlands. Most of the time, as a real estate agent, my work involved around expats coming to the Netherlands to settle here temporarily or for the long term.
I wanted to help more expats on a personal level with moving house or their whole relocation to the Netherlands. That’s why I started Expats on the Move.
I hope to see or speak to you soon.
Who is Expats on the Move?
We are specialized in guiding the entire relocation of Expats from all countries who move to the Netherlands to live and work. But also for Expats who will move within the Netherlands and looking for a rental house.
Expats on the Move was started in 2019 by Sanne Gortzak. After she had more than 12 years of experience in real estate she experienced how expats struggled with their entire relocation to the Netherlands. As a rental broker, she felt that she was unable to provide all the information and guidance expats do need! This had to be changed and she decided to start her own business. Sanne guides each expat in a personal way through the entire relocation process.
For more information on what we do, see below. Do you want to know more information contact us!
Why choose for Expats on the Move?
• We are personal and you’ll have contact with one personal relocation specialist.
• We offer more than 12 years of experience and contacts with local brokers, municipal authorities, banks, insurance companies and utilities.
• It is our mission to take care of all challenges regarding moving to or within the Netherlands
• Focused on Expats and with all the information you need to know!
• You will save time, costs and frustration when you choose our services.
How does it work?
- When you do a request for a free quote via the homepage we’ll respond to this within 1 working day.
- We schedule an appointment (videocall) to get to know each other and see what your other wishes are. During this conversation I’ll inform you about the possibilities and all that is necessary.
- After the conversation I will send you a free quote.
- When you decide to continue with Expats on the Move, we will ask you for some documentation what’s needed to find a rental house.
- We’ll search for suitable housing and will be in contact with all letting companies.
- We’ll visit the locations together, of course you can do this yourself or if you cannot be present, we will send photos and video clips on the spot. For example, if you are still abroad, there is an option that we take care of everything for you and when you arrive in the Netherlands you will be provided with a home.
- After making your choice, there will be made a rental contract. A rental contract is in difficult Dutch and the Dutch version is binding. We think it is very important that you understand what you sign for and will therefore translate and explain everything.
- We have a partnership with an expat-friendly company that takes care of utilities, house- and health insurances, opening Dutch bank account and arrange a Dutch phone number. They will check the best options for you for everything you need to arrange. For you this will just cost 1 phone call and they’ll arrange it within 3 working days.
- We are present at the key transfer where we perform a final check of the location.
- The whole process of finding the right accomodation based on your wishes.
- Coaching during housing, making appitnment, all contact with letting companies and landlords.
- Video tour of the accomodation and location with all necessary information.
- Advice about properties, prices, negotiations with letting companies, so you will never pay too much.
- Checking, explaining and translating all necessary documents, Dutch rental contracts and governmental rules.
- Presence at the final inspection and key transfer.
- Arranging all utilities, insurances, Dutch bank account and phone number by a co-operation who will search for the best deals for you!
- Information about registration at the municipality and other tips.
- Other request can be handled too! Think about finding a moving company, schooling and sports or house furnishing. Name it and we will take care of it!
She is customer-friendly, service-oriented with quick responses, committed and very sweet, thank you for bringing Sanne into my life. OUR OFFER IS ACCEPTED!
I provided her with a long list of requirements and she actively listened and provided realistic advice.
Expats on the Move had taken care of everything to find a house. Within a month I had the key to my new home and my wife and daughter could also come to the Netherlands.